Life without walls

Posted on


The arched windows and unfinished ceiling are what draw me to lofts. Can you imagine the night time view?






unknown
The fireplace as the focal point in this loft makes a large space feel cozy.



The two images above are for my brother. He recently just got a loft in Colorado. When I saw this Loft, I immediately saw him living there. The vintage furniture with the white walls and large prints give this space a great mixture of new and old. Its got just enough Bauhaus for me.





I have always had a design crush on lofts. I mean what more could a designer want? No walls = no rules. A Loft has endless possibilities-a blank canvas. I love the industrial, unfinished look of the buildings. The unfinished exterior with a finished interior. Its a perfect relationship.

This last image is a rendering of one of my very first school design projects. Only a made up space, but a space that I made up, and would live in in a heart beat...and oh yea....it's a loft too!!!


Post a Comment