For a while now, I have had the beach on my mind.
I recently stumbles upon The beach people, and I have to say- their instagram is totally making my beach cravings stronger!
these are a few things i have been coveting for my beach bag.
1. The beach people original round towel. Its just so cute and with the tassel edges...come on.
2. this sexy one piece from planet blue. I am still not bikini ready- and this swimsuit although a little pricey- makes one pieces look uber sexy. i found a wallet friendly one at target!
3. a good beach hat. i have my go to fedora, but now that I'm getting older, i think a wider brimmed hat might be a good call!
4. a bluetooth speaker- those waves have a good way of drowning out my iphone speaker- this little speaker is less than $30.00!!
I miss when you wanted to fall asleep on my shoulder.
Sometimes, the stroller is the best way to get to nap time.
She has so many clothes. Why do I keep the same five on rotation.
N o t e t o s e l f - Change her into cute clothes after breakfast.
When he rocks her to sleep listening to Country music....be still my heart.
Secretly cheering her on when she tries to stand and simultaneously feeling my heart break that she wants to grow up so fast.
I wish I could take all the pain from you caused by teething. the big ones s u c k.
I love that I have to trick you to eat dinner with ice cubes. Opens mouth for ice- gets a spoon full of food.
When she dances to any music..including cell phone rings.
Pulling in the drive way to see him holding and her face light up - seriously one of my favorite things.
Watching our little family make secret jokes and mommy- daddy games, makes my heart swoon.
Have a wonderful weekend.
I recently made this recipe and I loved it. I'm a huge almond lover, so if you don't like almonds- just pass on by. Some mornings you just need something that you can grab quick, and run. These bars are the prefect thing! I'm not claiming not be gluten free- but with very little processed ingredients, these are pretty healthy! They could also be good mixed with a little Yogurt.
Have a great weekend!
Happy New Year!
Okay, Okay- I know I'm about 6 months late... but better now than never right??
Last year I can honestly say was one of the best years of my life. I have so many memories that will last a life time, and that have changed my life forever.
My little blog has suffered due to all these life changes, and hopefully once I figure out how to balance out being a mom, being a wife and my full time job, I'll find time again for my little piece of the internet...
Every year, my "idiots" and I get together and we write out goals for the upcoming year and seal them in an envelope. The following year, we get together and open them and see if we accomplished them. Pictured above are my resolutions from last year. It's so funny to see what we wanted a year prior.
I am proud to say I was four for four!!
Last year- I wrote out 13 memories and 14 goals, So continuing with tradition- Here are my memories from '14 and 15 goals for 15'.... i would love to hear yours!!
14 memories for 2014:
1. Found out I was pregnant.
2. Got new floors in the house! (finally)
3. had an awesome gender reveal
4. Had a super scary hospital visit
5. our roommate got married...
6. so did his best friend.
7. spent the summer in the pool due to my preggo belly.
8. Went to palm springs for my best friends 30th
9. Missed another best friends wedding, and totally broke my heart.
10. Had our beautiful little girl
11. Joined and lost weight as a beachbody coach.
12.Our friends Mary and Justin got married.
13. was surprised by my husband with a visit from my dad. something i'll never forget.
14. My best friend got married, and it was the first and only time i was a maid of honor.
15 Goals for 2015:
1. finish decorating the house- rid of clutter.
2. consolidate student loans
3. go to rise festival
4. go to a Dave Matthews Concert
5. go visit my dad back east
6. Design more
7. Make time for Creativity
8. Spend more time outside
9. Nourish my Marriage.
10. Make eating healthy and working out a priority.
11. Make time for friends.
12. Teach T baby sign language
13. Make more "me" time.
14. Finish the books on my kindle
15. Spend less time on social media and work on my own personal growth.
i found this manifesto on Pinterest. I absolutely love it.
What are your goals for 2015? and since it's half way through 2015, have you accomplished any!??!
According to Mashable, these words are the 15 words we all need to eliminate in order to sound "smarter." I'm not sure if I can do it, but I do know, I am one of the worst offenders when it comes to grammatical errors and dramatically emphasizing words. Now that I am in my 30's, it might be time to start talking "smarter."
Hello. Welcome to Lux and Lace. My name is Bree, and this is my little haven for my findings in Interiors, Fashion, Lifestyle and Creativity. Please feel free to contact me! I'd love to work with you.
- ▼ 2015 (6)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (72)